Are you considering listing your property after seeing friends and neighbors sell quickly at new record high prices?
If you’re still on the fence, rest assured it remains a fantastic time to sell. While temperatures may be cooling, the sizzling real estate market shows no signs of cooling off, with homes continuing to disappear fast – often over the asking price. In a normal year, the market typically slows down a bit after the busy spring and summer, but this year, it is defying seasonal trends.
Here are a few reasons to list your property this fall:
- Selling before 2022 will avoid costly tax consequences if proposed 1031 exchange and capital gains tax code changes are passed.
- Even if you’ve lived in your home for only a few years, it’s likely worth quite a bit more than what you paid for it.
- Continued tight supply and high demand have shortened the amount of time properties spend on the market, with many going under contract within a few days – or even hours – after being listed.
- Low interest rates continue to attract a large pool of buyers, and will also make purchasing your next home less expensive.
- You’ll likely get multiple offers and can sit back and choose the one with the most favorable price and terms for you.
In a multiple-bid situation, I will review the terms of the entire contracts, the buyers’ down payment and financing, and the reputation of their lenders and agents, to make sure they will actually close on the offer they’ve made.
If you’d like to sell your home and get settled in a new one in time for the holidays, I’m ready to help. Contact me today to get started!